Review of 2017 in PortAventura Business & Events.
In 2017 there was a 15% rise in the number of events organised by PortAventura Business & Events, compared to the previous year, reaching a total of 259 events.
Unique facilities located in a privileged setting. PortAventura Business & Events starts 2018 with new and ambitious objectives after making a very positive assessment of the last year. Since the Convention Centre opened in 2009, PortAventura Business & Events has experienced steady growth. In 2017, 58% of the events organised were corporate, while the remaining 42% were others such as conferences, incentive events, and charity and sporting events.
The possibility of having access to a modern and versatile convention centre with capacity for up to 4,000 people in its 14,000 square metres, five 4 and 5-star hotels with 2,100 rooms, its own catering, beach club, golf courses, and exclusive openings of PortAventura Park and Ferrari Land, are just some of the reasons why many national and international companies choose this venue for their business meetings. In fact, in 2017 there was a 15% rise in the number of events organised by PortAventura Business & Events, compared to the previous year.
“One of our greatest selling points is our first-rate and comprehensive facilities that are unique in Europe and integrated into a typical Mediterranean environment”, said Laura Valdeolivas, director of PortAventura Business & Events, who also cites customer loyalty as another reason for the constant growth of its business area. “It is very important to us to be able to offer our clients confidence and security based on dedication and experience”, said Laura Valdeolivas, a statement supported by companies such as Nike, RACC, HP, SEAT and King, all of them repeat clients.
Proposals designed to satisfy all manner of demands, a single point of contact responsible for coordinating all the services offered to create a unique and customised project, and a solutions team that can adapt to the needs of each client are other reasons why more and more companies are entrusting PortAventura Business & Events with the organisation of their events.
More specifically, in 2017 the convention centre welcomed companies such as Amplifon, Casualplay, and SEAT, which for the second year held the largest training event in its history with a total of 5,700 delegates from 50 countries. Internationalisation is one of the clear trends towards which PortAventura Business & Events is evolving, with commissions from large multinationals such as Nestlé, ABBOT Laboratories and SoftwareONE, which held its annual Kick Off attended by 850 employees from all around the world who made full use of the Convention Centre and enjoyed a private opening of PortAventura Park’s theme areas.
National and international conferences were also popular throughout 2017. In April, PortAventura Business & Events hosted the 2nd CGA Conference workshops, with more than 1,200 participants, whilst in May it was the venue of choice for the 21st European Symposium on Poultry Nutrition, the world’s largest event of its kind, attended by 1,700 experts staying for four days in three of the five resort hotels.
PortAventura Business & Events has proven to be an example of innovation and evolution in products and services offered to the professional events sector. In addition, in 2017 it expanded its range of proposals with the opening of Ferrari Land to offer new possibilities in response to the most demanding requests, an option that was included in 28% of the events held. “Innovation and constant evolution, supported by a specialised and tailored team are the basis of our growth”, highlighted Laura Valdeolivas.
It looks to be a bright start to the 2018 season for PortAventura World, chosen as the Olympic site of the Mediterranean Games, which will take place from 22 June to 1 July, for the added value provided by the remarkable accommodation capacity of the PortAventura hotels with 1500 rooms set aside for this event, and the versatility of the Convention Centre in delivering all kinds of complementary services that will contribute to the success of this king of competitions.